Sergio Huidobro Martinez
He is admitted to the Bar in 1996 after receiving his degree from Diego Portales University in 1995. He majored in grad in Economics and Finance for Attorneys from the School of Administrative and Economic Sciences of the University of Chile (2001), a Diploma in Penal Procedure Reform from the Universidad del Desarrollo Law School (2004), Diploma in Economic Penal Law from Alberto Hurtado University Law School (2005). Diploma on Labor Law and Social Security; Substantive Aspects, Procedures and Litigation”, Institute of Judicial Studies, 2009. Diploma in Corporate Government from Universidad del Desarrollo Law School (2012). Diploma in Economic Sanctions Law: Administrative and Criminal from Los Andes, 2015. Diploma in Specialization in Construction Law, Universidad de Los Andes 2017. Diploma in Compliance Latam, Thomson Reuters 2018. Member of the commission formed by the political group Alliance for Chile for studying the modification to the Anti-Terrorism Law (2014). He joins the firm in 1996, working mainly on court matters, with particular emphasis on economic criminal litigation. In addition, he provides preventive criminal advice (criminal compliance) and judicial criminal matters (advice and litigation) to companies, boards of directors and senior executives.
Mr. Huidobro was first aid on the subject of Criminal Law at the Universidad del Desarrollo Law School (2001 and 2002); Assistant Professor in the same subject at the same University (2003 to 2007). Full Professor of Penal Law, Law Schol, Universidad del Desarrollo (2008 to date). Professor of Criminal law for Companies at the Diploma of Business Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (2010 to 2014). Professor of Criminal Compliance in the Course of Legal Claims of the Real Estate Business of the ESE Business School of the Universidad de los Andes (year 2017 – 2018). Professor exhibitor in several occasions in the Chamber of Construction Chile in the business crimes of the law of criminal resposibility of legal persons (2018 to date). Member of the Center for Regulatory and Business Law of the Universidad del Desarrollo (2019).
- “New law on business crimes and compliance in the construction industry”, En Concreto Magazine, of the Chilean Chamber of Construction No 185, December 2018.
- “SQM and the Importance of Compliance in the Real Estate Industry”. Real Estate Educational Center from ESE Business School at Los Andes University.
- “Anti-Corruption Laws and Regulations. A Global Guide 2018”. Chilean Chapter. Co-author. August 2018.
- “Construction 2019, Getting The Deal Through” Chilean Chapter Publication. Co-author. August 2018″
- “The UAF: Sanctions and Worrying Statistics”. En Concreto Magazine of the Chilean Chamber of Construction. N° 181, August 2018.
- “SCS Commentary of May 11, 2011 (Rol No. 2576-2011)”, Criminal Law Jurisprudence and Doctrine Magazine No. 21. Illegal Evidence. Part I. University of los Andes, School of Law. July 2015.
- “Main Modifications to the Volume I of the Penal Code in the last 10 years (period 1999 to 2009)”, Magazine Actualidad Jurídica of the Universidad del Desarrollo (Magazine Juridical Current Events), Year X, Nº 20, July 2009.
- “Some Remarks to the Law Nº 20.253 in Recurrence Matters”, Magazine “Actualidad Jurídica of the Universidad del Desarrollo, Year IX, Nº 18, July 2008.
- “Do temptation and frustration form part of insurance company fraud?,” published in the Current Legal Affairs Review of Universidad del Desarrollo, Year VII, No. 14, July 2006.
- “The Chilean Bill of Law that creates the National DNA Registry System,” also for the Current Legal Affairs Review of Universidad del Desarrollo, Year VI, No. 11, January 2005.
Member of the Chilean Bar Association in Santiago, of the Inter-American Federation of Attorneys (FIA) and of the Institute of Criminal Sciences of Chile.
Member of Construlegal (Alliance of Studies of Specialist Lawyers in construction and Real Estate Law). Member of the Chilean Society of Construction Law.